What are the three things for which you are most thankful?
1. Born in the US. Seriously. This is a country where you can constantly re-invent your life. You can go to school at any age, you can change your mind, your career, yourself, your location, you can fail and get another chance--this is a place where you don't have to get locked-in to a trade, a school, a belief. In so many other countries, if you don't have your act together at the right time--too bad. As a chronically late-bloomer, I'm thankful to live in a country where I can bloom as late as I want, and it doesn't prevent me from blooming. Sure--there are drawbacks (to late-blooming and other things) but overall, this is a remarkable place to live.
Other than your parents, who has been the most influential person in your life and why?
George Lucas because he made Star Wars and that movie saved my life. It's really the movie/characters themselves and that fantasy world that were influential. But it came from George, so I have to claim him as most influential.
What is the most important quality that you are looking for in another person?
There isn't only one. But a few off the top are:
Other than your appearance, what is the first thing that people notice about you?
I have no idea what people 1st notice about me.
What is the one thing that people don’t notice about you right away that you wish they would?
I am more sensitive than I seem--or at least, this is the conclusion I draw from various interactions. I think I register as pretty unflappable--and while true to a degree, I've been accused of not feeling enough and that's not true. I am private--and this seems to be misunderstood for insensitivity which has lead to people being nastier or more provoking than necessary. My feelings are in fact easily hurt and slow to heal--but I'm protective of them, and don't let it all hang out.
How do you typically spend your leisure time?
I like to do my own thing, or not do anything--and in either case, it's great to not be hassled.
What are five things that you “can’t live without?”
1. well, crap, these days its the Internet
The four things your friends say about you are what?
I don't know what my friends say about me. I'm sorry not to sound self-reflective, but I have no idea how I come across to others. I think my insecurities about how I may seem would overshadow how I actually am--and I have no idea what an honest answer would be that wouldn't be more about narcissism/wishful thinking than true assessment.
What are your best life-skills?
- humor in crisis
- big-picture thinking
- detailed oriented
- ability and desire to learn
- adaptability: self and others
- curiosity about the future